Doubting about which language/framework to use? In the next lines I will be exposing the advantages of using Laravel, a growing framework, with great support and many amazing features!
There are several aspects to highlight on this section.
- Command Line: Laravel has a really powerful command line which enables you to perform the majority of those repetitive and tedious programming tasks that most of the developers hate doing manually. Once you have some experience with the framework, using this command line really saves your life.
- Code structure: The structure of the code is outstanding. The documentation tells you exactly where every file goes and where to include every functionality you want to add to the application. Also, the syntax is beautiful :)
- Packages: They are the primary way of adding functionality to Laravel. Packages might be anything from a great way to work with dates like Carbon, or an entire BDD testing framework like Behat.
- Inbuilt features: Much of the developer's love for laravel corresponds to the great amount of features available within a single effort. Some of them are the template engine, eloquent ORM, migration system, testing and security.
And if that was not enough, Laravel offers an ecosystem with features you can separately hire and will really help you make your amazing Application cheaper and quicker.
Some of them are:
- Forge: We really use this tool. It helps us manage our servers without pain. It helps us control queues, certificates, cron jobs and subdomains among others.
- Cashier: Let you configure subscription plans for your application with easy customization of permissions, expiring dates, change of plans, and more!
- Backpack: Non-official package. You can use them to build custom admin panels fast, for anything from presentation websites to complex web applications. Highly recommended
Laravel’s community is growing really fast. New developers and companies are approaching, which implies many new tutorials, articles, packages, solutions, questions & answers and continuous improvements by the laravel base team.
We can compare the trends to evaluate how different frameworks are growing over the last 5 years:
I believe you can draw your own conclusions on this point…
This is a good beginning for you to start to venture into the world of Laravel. If you have any queries or comments, I would love to read your opinions!