The first Laracon day is over and there is much stuff to talk about! The day was full of amazing talks, people and news.
- Laravel's community
- Justin Jackson's talk about mental health in life.
- Laravel 6 & New Branding
The environment in the event was amazing. People are super-friendly and welcoming, really opened to new conversations and debates about a plethora of topics.
The sense of collaboration is felt in the air, community members are willing to help each other, share knowledge, build open-source projects and have a great time.
I would say this talk stole the show.
Some top phrases he referred to:
"Every action you take is a vote for the person you want to become" James Clear
"The psychological baggage we carry with us, if it's left unexamined, can lead us into destructive behaviors" Jerry Colonna
1- Get professional help.
2- Assume ownership for your life.
3- Do things, repeatedly, that are good for you and others.
4- Get rid of bad habits
5- Lose the ego
It's not common to listen to mental health talks in tech conferences. HUGE applause to this initiative. I believe it's essential for the wellness of people.
Laravel 6 & New Brand
- Will be released in August.
- New full-time backend developer will be joining the team next week.
- New Logo.
- New Website.
"Incredible scale without breaking a sweat."
By definition, Laravel Vapor is a serverless deployment platform for Laravel, powered by AWS. Launch your Laravel infrastructure on Vapor and fall in love with the scalable simplicity of serverless.
- Unlimited teams and projects within one license.
- Staging and Production domains.
- Easy commands to execute deploys.
- Rollback from UI.
- Zero downtime.
- Easy maintenance mode.
- Environment variables management.
- Full of useful metrics.
- Alarm management through email and Slack.
- Database management.
- Automatic Cache with DynamoDB or Redis.
- Serverless and autoscaling.
- Queues handler.
And much more..
That’s it for now! Stay tuned for more news about the second day on Twitter!